This morning, after everyone rushed off to school and work, I thought about the conversation that happened yesterday between my daughter and I. So, I decided to make a quick video about it. I also share the passage where my comment to her yesterday came from, it’s from Mark 4. You can reread it for yourself (or allow the YouVersion Bible app to read it to you in various translations) here: https://www.bible.com/bible/111/MRK.4.NIV. If you watch the video, feel free to share how this video resonated for you and of course, share with others that might find it helpful in their journey. Thank you!
The Parable of the Sower Mark 4:1-9 NIV
1Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water’s edge. 2He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: 3“Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed.4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain.8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.”9Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”
Reflection or journaling prompts:
- Do you have ears to hear?
- Why not re-read Mark? (here)
- Where’s the seed falling in your life, right now?
- How do you deepen your roots? (What practices or routines do you have in place to promote spiritual health and growth with God?)
- How do you promote a healthy, deep-rooted relationship with God?
- How can you invite God in (more) to help you figure out how to continue to stay connected with God in this season of your life?
- Where are you today?
- What’s the condition of your soil?
- Lord, please help me…. (feel free to continue in your own prayer here).
Sejana Yoo aka @SejanaShines
You can follow and receive hope and encouragement for life’s journey. Let’s connect!
One thought on “Rocky Soil video devotion Mark 4”
Great analogy as always. Try raised beds this year, purchase early you can get them $40