Trials, suffering and unexpected events are a part of all our lives. These experiences are opportunities to develop and grow.
Here are some posts I’d suggest reading first.
- The Refinement Process (Video from talk at Women’s Conference). https://sejanashines.com/2019/06/27/dongshin-womens-ezer-conference-2019-session-3/
- It must be hard raising kids. https://sejanashines.com/2018/06/06/it-must-be-hard-raising-kids/
Here are some resources:
- “God’s Purpose in Our Sufferings” personal story written from one that has certainly wrestled with this question by Steve Saint. https://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/february-2009/gods-purpose-in-our-suffering/
- kyleidleman.com Sermons. Don’t give up (series) by Kyle Idleman.
- Don’t give up on God. http://kyleidleman.com/sermons/dont-give-up-1/on-god/ – Don’t give up on Marriage – Don’t give up on each other.
- “Full Uncut Interview” with Lysa Terkeurst by 100 Huntley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epbiFUfmSRk&list=PLyjyzd_JIK65N1TLhQIoM6UKAF3NPebbO&index=1
- “It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way” book by Lysa Terkeurst
- “No other gods” Bible study by Kelly Minter
- Clip from Session 8 “No Other Gods – Bearing Fruit” Lifeway Women https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blGME8NwOqE
- “The Prodigal Prophet- Jonah and the Mystery of God’s Mercy” book by Timothy Keller
- “Joy through sacrifice” talk by Lecrae. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb4EUgsVIcw
Click here to read posts that relate to trials, obstacles and obedience.
categories: spiritual growth, character, refinement, obstacles